DIY: Coffee Scrub
Aside from smelling scrumptious, coffee has some pretty beneficial skin care properties as well! Coffee is rich in antioxidants which makes it super anti-inflammatory. Caffeine helps tighten the skin which can temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite. It is also a natural diuretic so it helps to remove excess water retention. And of course it makes a perfect body exfoliant to soften and smooth skin.
In my recipe I add cinnamon because it is actually a natural enzyme, it's stimulating, it helps to get blood flow moving, plus it's anti-bacterial and anti-microbial.
Coffee Coconut + Cinnamon Body Scrub
1. Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
2. Jump in the shower for a few minutes to dampen the skin and heat up the shower so you won't be cold
3. Turn off the water
4. Scrub in a circular motion focusing on the extra rough spots and areas with cellulite
5. Let the scrub sit on your body for 10-15 minutes. (I highly recommend having a shower dance party for 1 while the scrub does it's magic!)
6. Rinse off thoroughly leaving a light layer of coconut oil on your skin
+ You may use this scrub on your face, however if you have sensitive skin I would avoid.
+ This scrub should last 4-6 weeks in an airtight container like a mason jar. Especially if you refrigerate it.
+ Avoid getting water into the jar as it could cause it to become moldy